Our Community Works Together Towards Our Mission
Thank you for your interest in joining in the effort to keep homeless animals safe and loved.
We offer several ways to help raise funds and needed items for Karma Cat + Zen Dog’s animals. While we understand many groups want to help by engaging with the cats directly, the value of one-time events at our facility often benefits the group visiting rather than the cats themselves. We ask that you please consider holding an off-site collection or fundraiser with the option of an on-location donation ceremony as a great way to help the animals! Please review the options below for great ways your group can assist KCZD:
Hold a Fundraiser at Your Location
Who: Anyone! Especially good for large groups and one-day volunteer programs.
One of the best ways you can assist Karma Cat + Zen Dog Rescue Society is by holding your own fundraising event, with proceeds donated to KCZD. Some ideas include a bake/yard/rummage sale, a car wash, or any other imaginative event your group comes up with. We can help with signage, advertisement, and may even be able to attend your event with a KCZD merchandise table! After the event, we can host a “donation ceremony” at our Milltown location to honor your efforts.
Hold a Donation Drive
Who: Anyone! Great for large groups with a location(s) or contacts to place boxes.
As a non-profit organization whose funding is completely dependent on private donors, we are always in need of animal care and food items for our adoption center. We have an Amazon Wish List with items that are in frequent use and constant need. Your group can place donation boxes at one or several locations to collect the wish-list items. We offer the option to hold a final donation ceremony at our location for all the items you’ve collected so participants can see their work in action. We can help provide signage and advertisement for your donation drive campaign.
Educational Events for Children
Who: Groups such as Scouts, Schools, or other community groups with children.
We offer an educational experience for children at your location, or our Milltown adoption center, to teach them about a number of topics, including pet care, TNR/Community Cats, or a Story Time/Cat Craft experience for younger children. Group size is limited, and you must provide adult supervision. We request a small donation be made by participants or the group to assist the kitties (ex. items from our wish list or a small donation).
Please know that while we value your offer to help, we may not be able to accommodate all requests due to various factors. Some items to consider are:
- Most day-to-day operations such as socializing and feeding require training and a long-term volunteer commitment to be of value to our mission of saving animals.
- We are limited by the rules and regulations of the board of health, the fire department, and other regulating bodies.
- We are limited in space due to our location size. Only small groups can be accommodated at any given time.
- Our volunteers can not provide child-care services during events so please ensure supervising adults will be present.
- Planning and organizing of these events is done by volunteers who help KCZD in their spare time. Scheduling and accommodating an event may depend on their workload and availability.
Join our mailing list – only good stuff, never spam!